The identification, analysis, clarification and communication of the context of use in which applications will operate, and of the goals of products, systems or services. Analysis and prioritisation of stakeholders’ user experience needs and definition of required system, product or service attributes, behaviour and performance. The definition and management of user experience and user accessibility requirements for all potential users.
- Creates and describes personas to represent key user segments.
- Describes users’ goals and tasks and the environment within which the system, product or service will be used.
- Selects appropriate techniques for the elicitation of detailed user experience requirements.
- Identifies and defines user experience and user accessibility requirements.
- Works with stakeholders to prioritise requirements and resolve conflicts.
- Identifies and describes the user objectives for systems, products and services.
- Identifies the roles of affected stakeholder groups.
- Defines the required behaviour and performance of the system, product or service in terms of the total user experience, resolving potential conflicts between differing user requirements.
- Specifies measurable criteria for the required usability and accessibility of the system, products and services.