The creation of new and potentially disruptive approaches to performing business activities in order to create business opportunities; deliver new or improved products/services; or to improve supply chains. The identification and implementation of improvements to business operations, services and models. The assessment of the costs and potential benefits of the new approaches. The analysis and design of business processes in order to adopt and exploit technologies to improve business performance. The development of enterprise process management capabilities to increase organisational agility and responsiveness to change.
- Analyses and designs business processes; identifies alternative solutions to exploit new technologies and automation.
- Develops graphical representations of business processes to facilitate understanding and decision making.
- Assesses the feasibility of business process changes and recommends new approaches.
- Manages the execution of business process improvements.
- Selects, tailors and implements business process improvement methods and tools at programme, project and team level in line with agreed standards.
- Contributes to the definition of organisational policies, standards, and guidelines for business process improvement.
- Develops organisational policies, standards, and guidelines for business process improvement which allow the organisation to quickly improve and implement business processes to meet business requirements.
- Sets direction and leads in the introduction and use of techniques, methodologies and tools, to meet overall business requirements, ensuring consistency across all user groups.
- Leads and plans business process improvement activities to analyse business processes; identify alternative solutions, assess feasibility, and recommend solutions which exploit new technologies and automation.
- Leads the development of organisational capabilities for business process improvement and ensures adoption and adherence to policies and standards.